Sunday 17 June 2012

father's day & remembering my dad x


The last father's day I spent with my dad was in 2009, the 21st June, which was shortly before my father's death on the 18th July 2009. The photo above is my dad with my little sister Indigo, and my mum. I miss my dad very much, as do all my family, and so on every occasion we like to celebrate my dad's life and all he did for us.





This year I couldn't be with my family to celebrate father's day. Later on this afternoon my family will release 3 silver stars with tags and their messages on, one for each father's day without my dad. I too bought a silver star balloon, I chose to write my message on the front of the balloon.





I let my balloon go, and it floated up, up and away in to the sky. It's quite windy today, and clear, we could see it floating right away in the distance. It was lovely to watch. Happy father's day dad x


Despite it being June, I looked decidedly Wintery today. Winter is after all my favourite season along with Autumn. I was wearing a navy babydoll dress from River Island, with a H&M tutu style skirt underneath, Topshop knitted tights, brown leather Topshop biker boots, my leather Luella biker jacket and my navy Topshop cat scarf!

I hope you are all enjoying celebrating father's day with your dads, or remembering your dad on this special day.

2 comments:

  1. I love your outfit Hannah! So pretty! What a lovely idea for your Dad :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post, the balloon idea is so nice! Very beautiful outfit too, crazy to be so wintery in June but still beautiful!

    wishfulsinfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments! I try to reply to them all :) x