Friday 13 July 2012

Gordale & Chris Wright wildlife artist



Today, Mark, his mum Sandra, his nana Mary, and I ventured out in the pouring rain to Gordale home & garden centre. It was lovely and we ended up spending hours there - it was the first time I have ever been. There were lots of lovely things to look at, I dashed from stand to stand like I was in wonderland haha. If you're ever in the area, I recommend it!


We went for lunch in the cafe, it was delicious!! There was a big selection of delicious looking cakes and treats!! Mark & I shared chips and sausage roll between us, and a caramel shortbread slice. I had a hot chocolate, and Mark stuck with his tea. It was so nice!!!

There was a fantastic wildlife artist working away at Gordale, I'm not sure if he was there for the day or perhaps even the week. His name was Chris Wright. You can find examples of his outstanding pencil work at his website here. He also does pet portraits too if you'd like a commissioned work :)




And here's a selection of the photos took of the beautiful flowers (which were limited as we stayed in the indoor section because of the rain!!!)







Tomorrow's post will be full of the other delightful things Gordale sells - this post was getting too picture heavy!! I promise it's worth the wait :) there were some lovely things!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it looks so cool there! What a neat little place to browse through! You look so pretty with your scarf and the striped top! Love the combination! :)

    That food looks delicious, by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments! I try to reply to them all :) x