Monday 10 December 2012

New Look Shape Up Christmas Party Competition


Has anyone else heard about New Look's Shape Up competition? It's open to all bloggers, and all you have to do is create a fabulous party outfit to suit your body type. There will be a winner for each shape, and each winner will win £100 of New Look vouchers (handy given the season!). I've spent the last couple of hours browsing the site, and finally came out with this :)

This is my outfit for 'Straight up and down' - I was happy to be given some tips by New Look and tried to take them on board! I love the fact that the peplum has made a return this season, and think this dress would help create curves where I'm lacking! The zip detail up the back really adds that finishing touch to this dress, and navy is my favourite alternative on the classic LBD.

I wanted to add some glitz and glam to the dress, but wanted to keep all the accessories nude so that the dress remains center of attention. For this reason I didn't want to add too much jewellery, so this gorgeous vintage style bracelet fits the bill perfectly for a bit of arm candy. The studs on the clutch bag give the outfit a little bit of much-needed edginess! To finish the outfit off I chose this sequin cropped jacket - I think the outfit works well with or without this item, but couldn't resist the extra glitz!!

All items from New Look:
Madam Rage Navy Peplum Sleeveless Dress £30
Only Bronze Izzy Sequin Bolero Jacket £47.99
Oatmeal Platform Court Shoes £19.99
Stone Studded Fold Over Clutch £8 was £15.99
Vintage Pink Teardrop Stretch Bracelet £6.99

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thanks lovely, good luck to you too! :) x

      Delete
  2. Love how you have mixed up the black with nude and sequins.

    I have done an entry for pear shape at lurchhoundloves.blogspot.co.uk good luck!

    Now following if you would like to follow each other? Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments! I try to reply to them all :) x