Thursday 9 May 2013

Bank Holiday Weekend: Road Trip pt 2














...coming out of the Mead and deciding to show Mark around Hinckley town centre, walking past the Co-Op where I used to work in the Stead & Simpson concession, my old dance school, all the shops being closed due to it being early evening Sunday, enjoying the peace and quiet, pointing out the many charity shops, piles and piles of bags heaped in charity shop doorways (unsold carboot stuff?!), mum saying dad would have a good rummage if it were him, walking through to the churchyard and back into Argents Mead, lots of little squirrels leaping around everywhere, clearly enjoying the quiet Sunday, a friendly squirrel, listening to Abba from the speakers in the bandstand, mum remembering when the twins were little and used to dance around to the music in the bandstand, Mark enjoying the view of the council offices behind (what an eyesore!), more beautiful flowers, back to the car and on another little adventure, telling mum to take us 'the scenic route', driving past Hinckley train station and on to Burbage Common, pulling into the car park and discovering a new playground (opening next weekend!), remembering the rubbish little playground that used to be there, thinking back on simpler times when myself & my siblings would want to spend endless amounts of time in that rubbish playground, climbing to the top of the climbing frame and singing 'I'm the king of the castle and you're the dirty rascal', deciding to explore the Common another day, and onwards to the bumpy road!, the lanes which dad used to drive us down at high speed causing us all to 'bump around' in the car (so much fun as a kid!), stopping by Josh & Gemma's house on the way home and saying hi to them and my nephew McKenzie, agreeing to all meet up for the car boot in the morning, heading off home and deciding to order a Chinese, attempting to watch He's Just Not That Into You but deciding it was unbearable (I don't think we were in a film mood!) and settling for Sunday night TV before an early night to bed...

to be continued...

13 comments:

  1. These pictures are so lovely Hannah, mr Squirrel is pretty cute, you and your bf are way cuter though!
    Hope your Chinese was good, maybe the best take aways?

    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  2. it sounds like amazing time :) <3 i love those photos! <3
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. SQUIRREL! So cute (as are the rest of your pictures)!! Oh my god, so jealous of your Chinese too- I haven't had one in aaaaages!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always sound like you have such perfect family days! And you didn't miss much with that film, it's kind of awful haha xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these shots are amazing!

    www.debrabros.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just stumbled across your blog, I'm now your newest follower :) Sounds like a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful Spring pictures! I especially love the 8th and last one- they could be postcards! I'm not sure what Bank Holiday is but it's always nice to have a day off! :) And I love squirrels so much- I always have to give them names whenever I see some or whenever I have regular squirrels visit my backyard. They are fascinating little creatures. These pictures make me want to go out and snap some of my own. My camera hasn't seen daylight in weeks. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. again, looks like such a pretty holiday. love reminiscing to when i was a child, combing through memories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like it was a nice day out. Peace and quiet is always enjoyable :) Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful place, so scenic and pretty. The picture of the squirrel climbing the tree is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photographs - we get squirrels in our back garden, so cute :)


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments! I try to reply to them all :) x