Friday 4 July 2014

Little Five Friday #14



Hello dear readers, how are you doing? Summer has well and truly begun and I've been enjoying the sunshine and hearing the birds chirping from the early hours. Rufus isn't enjoying either, but he's still his funny adorable self and makes me smile a lot. It's been a busy few weeks and we had a lovely surprise break when we spent almost two whole weeks on the Wirral, enjoying Mark's birthday and time out from work. We went to see Maleficent on Wednesday with my sister Willow and my niece Caitlin, it wasn't what I expected but I'd still recommend a watch! Here's a few of the little things I've been enjoying lately...


1. This jellyfish installation in Toxteth was overwhelmingly beautiful, it was
so soothing and calming, and slightly haunting. It was in total contrast with the
area of Toxteth, where we didn't feel safe at all. A full post with artist details
and where exactly the jellyfish are located is coming up in the week.



2. The 27th was Mark's birthday, hip hip hooray! We had the loveliest day after
a soggy start which ruined our Chester Zoo plans. We spent the day playing ten
pin bowling, air hockey, shooting basketballs and Mark trying to teach me how to
play pool. I won 2/3 games of bowling but lost miserably at pool!


3. I received my lovely package of stationery from The Idea Owl this week, a
full post including the lovely things I ordered will be up soon :)


4. I took part in Lauren's (The Emerald Dove) postcard swap! It was so nice
to receive a good old fashioned handwritten postcard this week, with a lovely
picture of Somerset on too. Such a fantastic idea!


5. Last but not least, today was the Summer Fayre at my little sister (Indigo) &
nephew McKenzie's school. Lots of fun was had, choosing plates of cakes, Kenzie
scoring goals in the shootout and winning lots on the tombola, (including a can
of corned beef, yes really!).

What have you been doing lately? Are you enjoying the Summer? :)


Facebook // Instagram // Bloglovin' // Pinterest

8 comments:

  1. I'd really love to see that jellyfish installation. It sounds quite incredible. Also loving that little stationary set you received!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The jellyfish installation is very interesting - I wouldn't normally associate Toxteth with art so that makes it even more unusual! I probably wouldn't feel safe there either really :( xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. that installation looks beautiful, looking forward to hearing more. you and mark are such cuties! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The postcard swap is such a sweet idea!
    You and Mark look so cute together. Glad you had a great week :)

    Lyndsay | Fizzy Peaches

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post! I am glad you liked the postcard! Also summer fayres are always the best - I am going to one to pick up the bargains this weekend. :)
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I realllly miss sending and receiving post cards!

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so jealous of your stationary order! The packaging is the cutest I have ever seen. I think I want to order something and never, ever open it just to have the packaging on my desk.

    Lovely blog, I'm now following on bloglovin!

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh, Hannah, it has been too long since I have commented on your blog. I'm so sorry, I'm way behind on commenting. But believe me, I read your blog as soon as its updated and then I just bookmark the post so I can be sure to comment later (does that make me seem like a stalker? haha). :)

    I'm glad to hear your had a great time celebrating Mark's birthday- happy belated birthday to him! Btw, I'd love to hear his Ireland recommendations!

    ooh and that postcard is so pretty! That seems like such a great idea. Speaking of which, I still need to write to you. My mailing address has changed and it's kind of up in the air right now so I've been a little delayed on sending out snail mail at the moment. It will change, though. I will write! I need to pick up some pretty stationery like the one you got though. I will have to shop around!

    <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments! I try to reply to them all :) x